Did you know?
in POWER Library
is the answer to every parents or caregivers information needs. No more last minute trips to the library or endlessly searching the internet.
If you have access to a computer on the internet then you have everything you need to help children learn. Browse through all school subjects, or search the encyclopedia or World Almanac for Kids, Current Events, photo essays, country facts, fiction material and dictionary and so much more.
A built in tutorial helps you get started. Another premium subscription service provided free with your library card. Visit POWER Library today.
Wireless Internet Policy
As a service to our patrons with WI-FI (802.11b/g) enabled laptop computers, or other WI-FI enabled communications / computing devices, Snyder County Libraries, Inc. provides open Internet access at our facilities. Patrons wishing to use the service must comply with our policy and understand the following information:
- The libraries’ WI-FI connections at this time are provided via open, unsecured wireless networks. Hence, users should beware and take caution. Cautious and informed wireless users connecting to open, unsecured networks always ensure their device’s data is secure before connecting, and limit the transmission of credit card information, passwords, or other sensitive personal information.
- Snyder County Libraries, Inc. will not be held responsible for any of your information that is compromised, or for any damage caused to your hardware or software, due to your use of these open, unsecured wireless networks.
- The library staff cannot provide tech support services for the use of these networks; such as assisting you in the process of connecting to or using the network. This includes installing hardware or software on your personally owned equipment to utilize the service. We will, however, be happy to help you with library resources such as the library catalog, Access PA, and general search-related questions.
- Laptop computer users must be considerate of patrons nearby and refrain from excessive noise and the displaying of potentially objectionable images. If you are using your computer in a manner that is inconsiderate of others, a staff member may ask you to end your session.
- The library does not filter Internet content accessible to patrons who are connected to the libraries’ open, unsecured WI-FI networks – no matter what computer or communications device is being utilized to connect to the networks. Parents wishing filtered access for their children should direct their children to one of the library’s public access computers, or install and manage filtering software on the child’s computer.
- Printing is not available while using the wireless networks.
- Patrons connecting to the Internet via the libraries’ open, unsecured WI-FI networks must comply with all provisions of Snyder County Libraries, Inc.’s Internet Usage Policy and Library Use Policy.
Approved by the Board of Trustees
Snyder County Libraries, Inc.
July 22, 2008